[webkit-dev] Autoconf

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:15:05 PST 2006

I'm working on upgrading the linux port now. For this I feel I really
should use autoconf.
Are there any strong feelings  on adding autoconf support for building.

The first thing I've run into is autoconf really wants to generate
Makefiles and there are some checked into the tree already. It would
be nice if the current Makefiles could be renamed say Makefile.xcode
since there really just thin wrappers around  xcode while the autoconf
ones  are real makefiles that just depend on core development tools.

Next the plan is to get javascript supported under autoconf and get
that into the mainline.

Mike