[webkit-dev] Safari crash on Intel iMacs?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Sun Feb 5 20:17:01 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to submit a bug report for this, but I'd like to
know if anyone else with an Intel Mac, or also a PowerPC Mac, is
seeing this.

I can reproducably make Safari crash (using the stock OS X 10.4.4
Safari) by moving my mouse cursor over, or very near, a hyperlink,
and then right-clicking. I should note that it often, but not always,
happens on the first click; sometimes, though, I have to click
several times (5-15) to make it happen. But it always happens.

I should also note that I can't make it happen in other places. I can
right-click all I want in areas not close to hyperlinks without
problems.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any feedback on if others are seeing this.
Since this is a new computer, I thought it'd be a good idea to
isolate if it's a software or hardware-related issue first.

Thanks,

Kevin