[webkit-dev] Removing keywords from resolved bugs

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Feb 1 00:03:49 PST 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 10:56 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:

> I think that in many cases ("Regression" and "HasReduction" being
> two) it doesn't make much sense for resolved bugs to carry keywords
> ("Regression" from what?).

It is useful to know that a fix was for a regression.

> That said, I had intended to only remove the "Regression" keyword
> to clean up the "known regressions list", and mistakenly removed
> all of them.
>
> I'm not sure what the "official" policy on keywords-attached-to-
> resolved bugs is.  My impression was that we generally removed them
> after resolution.  Perhaps it's something which needs to be
> discussed more generally?  Do you have a suggested policy?

I don't think we should remove any keywords on resolution, unless
whatever they say about the bug is no longer true. A fixed regression
was still a regression, a bug that had a recution still does. Bugs
get reopened sometimes if they are not verified as fix, or if they
pop up again later, it is valuable to save all the information about
them.

Regards,
Maciej