[webkit-dev] feature request-webkit should send update events on minimization

Gurmit Teotia gurmit.teotia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 23:38:45 PST 2006

Hi,
We've developed an application using WebKit and Flash. As soon as
we're minimizing the main window, flash application was stopping the
execution. It was obvious as WebKit was stopping update events upon
minimization.

WebDashboardBehaviorAlwaysSendActiveNullEventsToPlugIns is declared
but is not used anywhere, looks redundant code. Later I achieved that
by removing the "WebNetscapePluginEmbeddedView" instance from default
notification center for
notifications-NSWindowDidMiniaturizeNotification and
NSWindowDidResignKeyNotification. To me it does not matter if flash
play at same speed while window does not have focus.

I don't know till when this solution will work so I'd like to suggest
that you must give some option in public API so that WebKit does not
stop update events upon minimization.

I don't know if this is the right place to suggest feature request. If
it's not then please suggest me the address.

Thanks,
Gurmit