[webkit-dev] Porting WebKit to BeOS/Haiku

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 01:48:11 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm a developer on the Haiku project (which is recreating BeOS) and
there is a lot of interest in the BeOS community in getting WebKit/
KHTML working on BeOS-compatible systems.

Various projects have been started in the past to do this but not much
has come out of it yet.

I am emailing because it seems now that this project is interested in
ports and has a decent infrastructure for helping in their creation. I
would love to hear any tips, tricks and suggestions on beginning a port
to a new system like BeOS.

FYI Mozilla and FireFox have been ported with reasonable success so it
is not as if BeOS is a backwards and therefore hard to port to system.

Thanks,
Ryan Leavengood