[webkit-dev] XHTML, XML and WebKit editing

Rob Burns robburns1 at mac.com
Fri Aug 25 13:08:56 PDT 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 2:13 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Elements in an HTML document will generate the specific subclasses.
> However, the document object will not be an HTMLDocument (at least
> not currently - we may reconsider this in the future; there are
> complications with things like document.write).

OK, now I'm seeing the behavior you expected. However, there's a
strange side-effect to this. The elements existing in the document
upon load are instantiated as DOMHTML* subclasses while the elements
I create with the DOMDocument createElement are now DOMElement
classes. So now I have meta elements of class DOMelement and meta
elements of class DOMHTMLMetaElement. I can work with this, but its a
bit peculiar.

best,
Rob