[webkit-dev] WebKitWin (COM) and ActiveX embedding

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Sat Aug 19 14:21:19 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I've successfully built the WebKitWin DLL and tested it with
Spinneret just fine. Now, what I'd like to do is see about embedding
that into another application. The thing is, even after calling
regsvr32 on the WebKitWin.dll (which reports success), I cannot 'see'
it in any of the component browsers I've tried to use. (i.e. VB's Add
Component feature, the C++ COM browser utility, etc.) I'm not heavily
into Windows development these days, so is there something basic I'm
missing, or does something need to be done to WebKitWin.dll to make
it accessible to other programs in that manner?

BTW, congrats, the Spinneret sample looks really nice! :-)

Thanks,

Kevin