[webkit-dev] Clarification of WebKit version numbering?

Matt Gough devlists at softchaos.com
Tue Apr 18 08:00:44 PDT 2006

On 18 Apr 2006, at 14:19, John Sullivan wrote:

> The + means that the version was built from the latest sources (as
> opposed to being an official release), and that it is newer than
> the version without the +. So 420+ is a version built from the
> latest sources that's newer than 420. As you say, it's working
> towards a 421 (or beyond) release.

OK. So the only real pitfall I can see to me testing the version
number to see if my workaround is redundant is that Apple could
release one or more minor updates to WebKit that actually have higher
version numbers than 420 (since 418 is the current release) and which
don't include the fix, or is that not likely (i.e they would end up
as 418.1, 418.2 etc).

I realize you can't talk about future versions etc, but any further
insight would be appreciated.

Matt