[webkit-dev] Webkit isn't Safari any more as far as the system is concerned...

jcburns jcburns at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 20:47:14 PDT 2006

I've been using builds from source and Mark's nightly builds for some
time now...only recently (the last week? I dunno) I've noticed that
if I'm running Webkit/Safari and NOT regular Safari and I click on a
URL in Mail or tell NetNewsWire to Open URL in default browser
(Safari) then old silver Safari will be launched...the system used to
recognize the Webkit build as Safari. This doesn't quite qualify as a
bug (no one will be impacted once it ships) but it is a bit odd...and
I end up with two browsers (at least) running, which gets confusing.

--jcburns