[webkit-dev] Nightly Builds Missing Change Notes?

Mark Rowe opendarwin.org at bdash.net.nz
Tue Apr 11 18:28:30 PDT 2006

On 12/04/2006, at 1:15 PM, Steven Fisher wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Mark Rowe wrote:
>
>> If there is a general opinion that the per-build change notes are
>> more useful in some way than the per-revision logs accessible via
>> CIA or Trac, I will look into reinstating the per-build notes.  I
>> look forward to feedback on this.
>
> Is this the information NightShift pulls? If, so I used to read
> this information while NightShift was downloading and use it to
> look for regressions. That level of detail was very useful.

I presume that NightShift uses the per-build changelog, if
available.  It would make more sense for NightShift to find the
revision numbers of the last-downloaded and latest available build,
and use CIA or Trac to pull the relevant changelog information.

The previous changelog was simply a combination of the last few days
of each of the JavaScriptCore, WebCore and WebKit changelogs.  This
lead to duplicated portions where changes affected multiple
frameworks, and made it difficult to scan for the changes since the
build you last used.  Having NightShift poll CIA or Trac would
resolve that issue for its users, while those whom manually download
the WebKit nightly could follow the soon-to-be-added links on <http://
nightly.webkit.org/>.

Regards,

Mark Rowe