[webkit-dev] Nightly Builds Missing Change Notes?

Mark Rowe opendarwin.org at bdash.net.nz
Tue Apr 11 15:24:30 PDT 2006

On 12/04/2006, at 10:10 AM, Shawn Smith wrote:

> The nightly builds seem to have lost their change notes?  Could
> someone have a look and see why the change notes are not getting
> posted to the nightly site?

Hi,

When I submitted the scripts used to prepare the nightly builds to be
included in the Subversion repository, I rewrote them from Python to
Perl.  As part of this process I removed a few pieces of
functionality that weren't, in my opinion, providing useful
functionality.  The per-build change notes were one thing to go.  My
rationale for this was that the information is available elsewhere in
a more useful form.  Change logs on a per-revision basis are
available at <http://cia.webkit.org/>, while more detailed
information on changes can be found at <http://trac.webkit.org/dev/
timeline>.  I intend to add links to these sites from the nightly
build page so that this information on changes is more readily
available.

If there is a general opinion that the per-build change notes are
more useful in some way than the per-revision logs accessible via CIA
or Trac, I will look into reinstating the per-build notes.  I look
forward to feedback on this.

Regards,

Mark Rowe
"The nightly build guy"