[webkit-dev] Proposal: layout-tests as their own Module

Eric Seidel eseidel at apple.com
Tue Sep 27 16:22:30 PDT 2005

I would like to propose that we move WebCore/layout-tests to become
it's own module.

Why?

Mostly to make CVS faster.  particularly cvs-create-patch and prepare-
changelog...  SVN will help in this regard, but that's at least a
month away.

On my system layout-tests takes up 76MB of space, where as all of
WebCore is just 104MB, thus our tests are more than twice the size of
the code, moving this to it's own module could also help those who
just want to live on TOT, but don't actually want to hack on it (or
use NightShift...).

-eric