[webkit-dev] run-webkit-tests failure

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Sep 7 13:46:03 PDT 2005

On Sep 7, 2005, at 11:59 AM, Kurt Kohler wrote:

> I've noticed that occasonally the run-webkit-tests script fails
> with messages like
>
> css1/basic/class_as_selector.html -> failed
> .Broken pipe
>
> When I run it again it works fine. Is there any significance to this?

This means DumpRenderTree crashed. I wonder if there's a way to see a
backtrace of the crash. If not, we should fix the script.

> By the way, I see that the only leaks left appear to be from
> DumpRenderTree. Does that mean all the leaks in webkit itself are
> fixed? If so, congratulations!

I'm not sure what you mean. Leaks from DumpRenderTree itself? That
sounds surprising to me. Are there any Bugzilla bugs about these
leaks you're talking about?

We have definitely fixed a lot of leaks, and the vast majority of the
ones that show up when running the layout tests, but I do see some
leaks from time to time.

     -- Darin