[webkit-dev] WebKit Welcome Page

Mark Rowe opendarwin.org at bdash.net.nz
Wed Oct 26 23:50:43 PDT 2005

Dan,

The nightly build wrapper is a small Python wrapper script like you
mention.  As far as I can tell the Safari start page is stored in the
com.apple.internetconfig domain, which means it's not possible to
override it from NSArgumentDomain defaults.  It is possible to launch
Safari with a *local* page loaded by passing it on the command line
-- Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari /path/to/file.html.  The idea is
to include a file within the WebKit.app wrapper that simply redirects
to the real welcome page out on the Internet.

Another little feature that I plan to sneak in to the WebKit.app
wrapper is notifying the user that their build of WebKit is out of
date and pointing them in the direction of a newer build.  The easier
it is for users to keep up to date, the more useful bug reports
WebKit will see :)

Regards,

Mark Rowe