[webkit-dev] Clear colour

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Oct 19 10:02:06 PDT 2005

On Oct 19, 2005, at 7:41 AM, André-John Mas wrote:

> Safari doesn't seem to have a nib describing the browser windows.
> Is it still
> possible to do this without a new build.

For a kiosk, I would recommend using WebKit, but not Safari. Writing
your own Objective-C application that uses WebKit lets you get the
web browsing behavior of Safari, without the end-user features of the
application, almost all of which are inappropriate for a kiosk.

Trying to use Safari with a custom build of WebKit would be a last
resort; definitely something I'd recommend against.

     -- Darin