[webkit-dev] Re: [webkit-changes] cvs commit: JavaScriptCore/kjs date_object.cpp

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Oct 3 22:24:21 PDT 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 9:14 PM, George Staikos wrote:

> I'm guessing that this fixes the case of adding a value to a date
> and crossing
> the DST boundary.  At least prior to this patch it would be off by
> an hour.
> I posted a possible fix which seems to fix it for me and has been
> applied to
> KJS.  It's portable, and this is not.  Any reason why the portable
> one wasn't
> used, and is it possible to commit it also?  (assuming that this
> patch does
> what I think..)

This is a merge to a branch of a fix from way back (well, 8/11,
almost two months ago). It has been on TOT a long time. The mktime
man page implies that if the tm_isdst field is set and nonnegative,
it overrides the actual DST for that time. This patch attempts to
emulate this quirk for the CoreFoundation time function case. The
higher-level code that calls mktime counts on this quirk.

Now, maybe that code was always wrong - I dunno. I'm not sure which
other fix of yours you have in mind.

Regards,
Maciej