[webkit-dev] Bug life cycle

Dan Udey dan at cdslash.net
Mon Nov 14 16:08:35 PST 2005

After a bit of experimentation with the latest (2.20) release of
Bugzilla, I've discovered that adding/removing/modifying the list of
resolutions in Bugzilla is, apparently, non-trivial. The all-caps
identifiers (e.g. 'FIXED', 'WONTFIX', 'WORKSFORME', etc.) are hard-
coded into several places in the tree, as well as (for some reason,
most likely ordering and enablement) in the database table
'resolution'. Adding them to the database merely results in a blank
string in the Bugzilla interface.

It looks like adding different resolutions might not be the best
solution. The change would be relatively easy for anyone who knows
Perl well enough, but it would be non-trivial, and would affect the
entire OpenDarwin project, so a  unilateral solution might not be the
best. Any other ideas?