[webkit-dev] Re: Greetings from Nokia Mobility Conference 2005 from the S60 mobile browser team at Nokia

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Nov 3 13:55:54 PST 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 1:22 AM, roland.geisler at nokia.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am at the moment sitting in Barcelona at Nokia Mobility Conference
> 2005 where in a few minutes our new Web Browser for S60 will be
> announced. I wanted to take this opportunity to again thank the KDE
> community and the Apple Safari team for having built the Konqueror and
> Safari browser, and for your enjoyable collaboration with our team
> over
> the past months.

Hi Roland,

Congratulations on making this announcement. The Web Browser for S60
looks pretty awesome and I can't wait to try it for myself. We're
really excited that Nokia chose to base this browser on WebCore/KHTML
and JavaScriptCore/KJS, this gives us the opportunity to create the
best layout engine for both desktop and mobile platforms.

And we're really happy to see Nokia's open source initiative at
<http://opensrouce.nokia.com>. Open source is a powerful development
model and it's good to see Nokia moving towards it in a bigger way.

We're looking forward to continuing collaboration!

Regards,
Maciej