[webkit-dev] PDF menus disappearing

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sat Jun 25 12:51:09 PDT 2005

On Jun 25, 2005, at 5:31 AM, Hanspeter Schaub wrote:

> With the latest builds, I've noticed that when viewing PDFs using
> the Safari built-in viewing capability (without the 3rd party
> plugin), I no longer seem to have the full set of options with the
> contextual menu?  (using the right-click on PDF mode).   There used
> to be a "view in Preview" option, among others.  Are these removed
> on purpose?

John Sullivan changed WebKit so that the PDF menus can be customized
using the context menu delegate, just as other menus can be.

At the same time he made some changes to Safari.

I think the older Safari has some buggy behavior with the newer
WebKit. If you file a bug, John can consider whether there's a way to
refine this so it will behave better with old versions of Safari (and
thus possibly better with other WebKit applications).

     -- Darin