[webkit-dev] Greetings from the Series 60 mobile browser team at Nokia

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Mon Jun 13 18:31:23 PDT 2005

Hi Roland,

roland.geisler at nokia.com wrote:
> I'm heading marketing and strategy at Nokia for Series 60's new
> mobile browser that will be built upon WebCore/KHTML and
> JavaScriptCore/KJS. I am writing you this email to thank you for
> having built the Konqueror and Safari browser with the two components
> WebCore/KHTML and JavaScriptCore/KJS.

This is great news! As a developer for both OSX and S60 platforms, I
look forward to the result. I am curious on one point (at least)
however: the new WebKit website mentions SVG as one of the projects to
integrate based on KSVG2, and compound documents are a really hot topic
for us content and service developers these days. So if the KSVG2 merge
into KHTML happens, would you be interested in including that on S60
platforms as well? I would assume you might wish to subset it in which
case I wonder what your plans may be in that regard or anything you
might be looking for. I'd certainly love to see that happen, and would
help if possible.

Thanks for any information,

--
Robin Berjon