[webkit-dev] HEADS UP: SVGSupport changes

Eric Seidel macdome at opendarwin.org
Mon Jul 25 20:47:42 PDT 2005

This note concerns those interested in WebCore+SVG development.
Others can ignore.

Within the next 48 hours I will be executing a mass server-side move
of all .cc files in the SVGSupport directory to corresponding .cpp
files, as well as some other small re-organizations to match recent
re-orgs in the KDOM/KCanvas/KSVG2 KDE trees.

When I'm done, it will be best to do the following:

cd <WEBKIT_DIRECTORY>
rm -r SVGSupport
WebKitTools/checkout-svg

I will also be adding a few necessary WebCore+SVG Obj-C source files
and headers, as well as some new SVG testing tools, and fixing any
breakages caused by recent JavaScriptCore changes. The goal is to
have all this done by the end of the week.

I will send out a follow-up email with instructions as to how to get
WebCore+SVG building again, and how to test SVG rendering using the
soon-to-be-available testing tools.

Thanks for your understanding.

-eric