[webkit-dev] XCode 2.1 Migration

John Sullivan sullivan at apple.com
Sat Jul 23 16:28:36 PDT 2005

I think I understand what happened.

If you were previously building with XCode 2.1, .xcodeproj
directories would be automatically created when you launched
the .xcode project. (You'd get an alert telling you this and giving
you the opportunity to choose where to place the new project file.)
Anything created that way would not be in cvs, so when the
new .xcodeproj files were checked in, cvs would give that "move out
of the way" error. So that's probably what happened.

So for people who had been using XCode 2.0, the script did the right
thing by removing .xcode directories. But for people who had been
uxing XCode 2.1, the script did not remove the .xcodeproj
directories, thus leading to the "move out of the way" message.
Removing both .xcode and .xcodeproj directories would have worked
correctly for everyone, I believe.

John