[webkit-dev] WebKit bug in Dashboard widget?

Ben Kazez kazezb at carleton.edu
Sun Jul 10 16:51:29 PDT 2005

In fact, I am calling WebKit APIs from multiple threads, which wasn't
a good idea on my part. This is my first experience with multiple
threads, and I'm enjoying it but am still quite a novice. My only
WebKit call is to [WebView -stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString:],
so I've changed it to

     [_webViewLock lock];
     [_webView
stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString:endHandlerJavaScript];
     [_webViewLock unlock];

where _webViewLock is an instance variable in the Dashboard plugin
object. However, the crash still happens -- some elements too tall,
others too short, elements disappearing until you mouse over them,
and then EXC_BAD_ACCESS. Should my locking code above have worked? (I
can move this discussion to Cocoa-dev if it becomes off-topic for
this list.)

Thank you very much for your help.

Ben