[jsc-dev] Setting a memory limit and inspecting current memory usage

Jérôme Gravel-Niquet jeromegn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:47:40 PDT 2018

Hey there,

I just started playing with JavaScriptCore and I think it's a great
mix of flexibility and easy to use C API.

I couldn't find information on how to limit the memory usage
(allocations) on a Context or ContextGroup. I'm mentioning these 2
because there's no way to get at a VirtualMachine from the C API.

Is there a way to set a memory usage limit with JSC?

Can I inspect a context or group of contexts for current memory usage?

If these are available through a non-C API, I might be able to create
my own C wrapper for those.

Thanks,
Jerome Gravel-Niquet