[jsc-dev] JavaScriptCore crash with locking

artcodex . avi.brenner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:13:59 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but I'm
currently running into following issue
with using the JavaScriptCore API:

*I'm building an application that uses JavaScriptCore on Android. So I'm
building my own API which has generally worked well, but now that it's
running on complex back and forward code that has callbacks between JS code
and C++ I'm running into an issue where I'm hitting
a EXC_BAD_ACCESS in JSLockHolder::JSLockHolder(JSC::ExecState*).*

*It seems fairly inconsistent in that when I put breakpoints randomly in my
code while debugging sometimes I hit this, sometimes I don't. When running
the app straight though I always seem to hit the issue at the same point.*

*For me right now this is hitting during a call to JSValueProtect, but if I
were to remove that call it would just hit at the next call that
uses JSLockHolder.*

*I have a test demo that hits this on a Mac build that uses the
JavaScriptCore.framework as well (so it doesn't appear to be any issues
with my Android jsc library build).*

Thanks in advance. Let me know if any more info could be provided for
clarity.

Avi Brenner